返回列表 发帖

[NFR] ISP autodetect + audible progress alarms

Nihao dear devs.

I'm using 866 and now T56 for months, mostly to program SPI 25xx flash chips (BIOS on different boards) and found very inconvenient that in ISP mode there is no "autodetect" function at all, which is very useful when you flashing motherboards via stock SPI headers (without de-soldering chips), connected to ISP port. Every time you need to do it, you have to read chip model by your eyes (which often is not clearly visible and could be very small), find it in chip selector first, then always not forget to switch to ISP mode (bypassing annoying warning message), and only after that steps you win. It is OK when you doing it just time to time, but very annoying when you do it every day, few times a day, many times a day... I see that it is only software limitation, so is it possible to enable ISP autodetect in future releases?

Also there is lack of necessary sound confirmations of long operations, but we have completely unnecessary sounds when you save dump to disk, for example. It is much (much!) more important to "beep" after programmer completes reading and/or writing processes as they could take lots of time on large size flash chips, and permanent watching for progress screen waiting when it finishes, without any audible alarm also very inconvenient.

So, if there is any possibility to fix this issues, I think many people with similar working profile will buy you a beer or two.

Xiexie!

回复 1# soldermaster

OK,  以后增加这个功能

返回列表 回复 发帖