返回列表 发帖

Can not read EMMC chip

I have tried all of the auto configurations but have not been able to read any number of chips that I have tried - they work in other readers.  I have the BGA169 adapter and I always get the message when try either Analysis or Read - nothing seems to work for EMMC chips.

APP Version : 11.90   Model : T56  MFG:2020-10-28
     Device : AUTO EMMC_8B_1.8V @BGA169(recommend)
1 Programmer Connected.
  Device 1: XGecu T56 Ver: 00.01.55
       USB POWER VOLTAGE: 04.83V
       USB SPEED MODE: HS 480MHZ
  < Analysis  IC >
    Pin Detected Passed.
      * Clock Frequence is 8.000 MHZ   *
      1..Emmc Initialization ......
      Failed  -- CMD1 No Responed Status: 00000000

Thank you,
Chris Short

回复 1# itsnothere

possible reason:
1. The chip is bad, bad chips are very common about emmc, test more than 2 chips.
2. The BGA169 adapter is bad, consult the seller to see if the adapter has been tested.

I have tried all of the auto configurations but have not been able to read any number of chips that  ...
itsnothere 发表于 2022-9-21 00:59

Hello Chris: As a user...First recommend you to update the Xgpro software, as it seem that you have an outdated version installed.
The newer version also update T56 firmware to 1.60 and correct some bugs. The latest version is 12.20  Download Newest XGecu T56/T48/TL866II software(下载最新软件) - 编程器使用与软件下载 - XGecu Programmer Forums - Powered by Discuz!
Post reference of IC, and photo from adapter, please.

The chip is a SanDisk SD1N51-4G and SDIN8DR1-16G - both chips read just fine in other simple EMMC readers that plug into a SD card type reader.  I have now updated the software and the firmware with no change.

back

IMG_5496.jpg
2022-9-21 21:57

front

IMG_5497.jpg
2022-9-21 21:58

The chip is a SanDisk SD1N51-4G and SDIN8DR1-16G - both chips read just fine in other simple EMMC re ...
itsnothere 发表于 2022-9-21 21:59

Hello,           Do not have those ICs to test myself, my adapter is version V2, but ask you if you have both ICs PDFs, that maybe help Admin to find what's going on with them.Rgds

There is not much to the adapter but I am pretty sure there is something wrong with it - it has never worked - it clearly is able to see when a pin is not making contact as once in a while I will put in a chip and it will tell me a pin is not making contact, reposition and it passes.  I am sure it is not a problem of the part just not being in the PDF - there is a standard for reading EMMC chips and these are just run-of-the-mill chips, I have hundreds to choose from.  It does not get past the first command, I will have to scope out the power, CMD and CLK.  In the mean time I have ordered the version 2 of the adapter - it looks pretty much the same to me, maybe a few more pins - probably making up for skimping on the first go-around.

There is not much to the adapter but I am pretty sure there is something wrong with it - it has neve ...
itsnothere 发表于 2022-9-22 20:38

Hello: You can also remove carefully the socket screw's below, remove socket carefully and clean it below and pcb. Also clean inner pins with a cotton swab. Mount it again the very same way. Or only clean above if enough, as many Ics can contaminate contact pins and need cleaning. Notice, in the photo, some contamination near the pins of programmer. V2 of adapter permits to reach higher speed reading for those ICs that allow, and better shielding. Black PCB , as don't know the V2 adapter you order, maybe also offer  a bit more reliable operation. I only order now from xgecu store, because of problems that start over in transportation, bent pins due to not enough packing material, the warranty that test all adapters, so far so good no claims, and support.  Hope it helps  :-)

回复 4# itsnothere

this is a bad adpter!  the wrong is C10 , c10's color is not right, it is 0.1uf . normal is 15P .
remove it and test.

The capacitor measured 170nF, removed and now...WORKING!

Thank you, I have the version 2 coming in the mail but now I get down to what I needed to do.
Chris Short

返回列表 回复 发帖