返回列表 发帖

XGecu T56 – complain

I have been using the Xgenu since start of January 2022 and I’m not 100 % satisfied with it.

1. The new ZIP-socket is notalways easy to place the chips into.

2. I often experience issues like the attached image, where the old TL866II just do its job [slower], but without complaining.

T56.JPG

3. Sometimes I experience that the Xgenu freeze-up in the programming initiation of simple 27C256 and 27C512, here I have to use the turn off/on button at the side, I never experienced such with the TL866II.

I find it embarrassing that the TL866II feels more stable, when it costs 3 times less. Could you please fixthe XGenu firmware, so the device is more stable going forward?

I have been using the Xgenusince start of January 2022 and I’m not 100 % satisfied with it.1.
The  ...
teevee 发表于 2022-2-6 20:02

As an User.... my story... Admin from this forum, stressed to tell to choose a good voltage port as T56 is a bit critical on some loads. As i own a portable from lenovo connected to a docking station , after i choose a port that deliver 4.93, or 4.94 v, see in the right window when you start the xgpro app, it always perform ok, when it showed 3.98v don't even start after pressing the power switch, or gave errors. The original cable is usually the better choice, to avoid the lower voltages. It's critical, i guess, by design  :'( . Try to see, when unstable, which is the voltage you got, trying other ports, etc. I dind't try yet the external power, any noise may also affect the speed. If at starting program, as you are using latest version, a new will be out soon, it not give you a message about updating firmware, as you already know. Please tell a bit more from your problem, the voltages , other user will be grateful from your experience , hopefully.

My USB Power voltage is 4.89V from the Laptop USB output, sothat cannot be my issue from my point of view.

Here is another example:

512.png

You can see that the programming of a 27C512 was successful and after the programming the software has a “verifying flash” feature, whichwas also stated as “Succeeded”.

To be on the safe-side I open the Verify feature and run an extra Verify and here I’m informed that the programming was not complete.

Is the “Verifying FLASH” feature defect, as it cannot see the same faults as chip verify?

My USB Power voltage is 4.89V from the Laptop USB output, sothat cannot be my issue from my point of ...
teevee 发表于 2022-2-7 18:15

Hello,             You maybe right, let Admin found the real problem. There are a few bugs in the latest software  versions, very close you report.
I've miss a point, the manufacturer date of yours's T56 device, in the help --> about  ( with +programmer connected ). Mine was before September 2021.
My T56 didn't operate correctly with voltage so low :-(  sometimes not even power the leds on, or gave errors.
The 48 pin, is easily replaceable as it is in a socket, after all annoyances removed.
You may replace the 48pin for one you like, i guess.
Soquete universal zif para programador xgecu t56, de alta qualidade, 48 pinos, mcu + 48 pinos, orifício redondo, soquete para programador|Calculadoras| - AliExpress

回复 3# teevee

The verification is normal during programming, and there is an error in the separate verification. The possible reason is that your chip is not completely erased before programming,Because the empty data is skipped during programming. Independent verification are not skipped blank.

PROM 27Cxx:  you may enable "BLANK Check" when programming.

返回列表 回复 发帖