返回列表 发帖

I bought a T56 programmer yesterday and i have a problem with speed

Hello guys, I bought a T56 programmer yesterday and tried five emmc chips and noticed that the maximum reading or writing speed does not exceed 15 MB per second even though I use an EMMC socket version 2 with 8BIT settings and also with a frequency of 36, 40 and 50 MHz with 3.3v for vcc and vccq. What is the reason for this slowness?

eMMC.png (87.3 KB)

eMMC.png

Hello guys, I bought a T56 programmer yesterday and tried five emmc chips and noticed that the maxim ...
Elarapy 发表于 2024-1-9 17:01

As a user,                  Several items discussed here about achieved speed. Some depends only by silicon
limits, other hardware/software settings, and the  third the version of T56. In the about tab
you can see building date. Adapter version 2 appear to be more performant in T56 'Version 2'.
After a certain date are T56 'Version 2'.

Hope it helps, or not :-(

These emmc chipsets were tested on Easy jtag Plus and were programmed at a speed of 24 MB per second, so I do not think there is a problem with them. Also, this is the version of the programmer, so what do you mean by version 2?

About.png (76.48 KB)

About.png

eMMC Adapter.jpg (92.49 KB)

eMMC Adapter.jpg

These emmc chipsets were tested on Easy jtag Plus and were programmed at a speed of 24 MB per second ...
Elarapy 发表于 2024-1-9 18:59

Hello,            In the Xgecu Store there is an info that Adapter 'BGA169/BGA153 EMMC-2 adapter New Version , Better support for new T56 programmer hardware after September 2021',  then your T56 is indeed a 'version 2', or later version
of T56 hardware.
Another symptom of later versions of Xgecu software, as people complains here , is some kind of erratic operation on certain ICs....
As a long time from latest update to xgecu software , and not much presence of Admin here, i guess/suspect  they are preparing a
complete new version of Xgecu app, maybe i'm wrong....  If you need/want to try older versions of software.... the latest you already have...
http://www.xgecu.com/MiniPro/xgproV1263_setup.rar  ,  just change the release numbers, a small list follow from version 12.x
Screenshot 2024-01-10 050706.png

I also know that some users here share a Telegram channel, but I'm not part of it.
Hope Admin return to daily visits here, to better help and support users.
In the Xgecu store, you can also see that much effort in now on T48 hardware, T56
already is there for some time ( BGA xxxx new adapters)....

Thank you my friend for following
It is not possible to use an old version of the program because it is not possible T56 Firmware downgrade.

I have a lot of programmers, but I bought the T56 programmer because I trust it, as I worked on the old version of it years ago.
I have Superpro6100n, TNM5000, Proman, RT809H, Easyjtag Plus, T56
I know the advantages of each one, but I trust the T56. If the Admin follows up on user requests and adds a lot of functionality, the programmer will be in the lead.

Thank you my friend for following
It is not possible to use an old version of the program because i ...
Elarapy 发表于 2024-1-13 08:11

Hello,            As i know, flashing back firmware is possible on T56, the very same way as it can
recover from flashing failure, even not recommended if not needed. Most late failures, not
yet corrected in the Xgecu app, can be workaround by simply using an old version of software,
firmware restore back not needed, as you can see on some posts in the forum.
You are welcome with your experience, as i also trusted T56 when i bought it some years ago.
Best Rgds
:)

Obviously, the speed limit is set by software. The weak point of the T56, which limits its speed - is the poor implementation of the USB-COM bridge. T48 works faster in 4-bit mode ))

Obviously, the speed limit is set by software. The weak point of the T56, which limits its speed - i ...
Test 发表于 2024-1-19 09:12

Hi Test,               Can you, please, share an easy way to see (know) in windows, the mode of USB2 which
device interface is really working, as speed limit also affect other devices like Disks or USB pen drives?
Disks can transfer most of times, 20-28MBs on some ports, but above 40MBs on another, even in the
very same machine....Please!

Best Rgds

The speed of the T56 is limited by the XGecu software. The USB-COM bridge is located in T56. Implemented via PIC32. By default, the PC settings do not limit the speed of the T56.

The speed of the T56 is limited by the XGecu software. The USB-COM bridge is located in T56. Impleme ...
Test 发表于 2024-1-19 17:55

Then, it appear not correct what is published over Haikou Xingong Electronic Co,Ltd (xgecu.com)   ?
123.jpg

The data for T56 in this table are valid only at the beginning of the appearance of T56. At the time of release of T48, these data are incorrect.
Once I managed to fix the maximum speed for T56 (for work with EMMC) - 32 Mbytes/sec. But this was at the beginning of the T56 release. With the first version of the BGA153 adapter. Then, after a new version of the software appeared, the first version of the adapter BGA153  stopped working in 8-bit mode. Only version 2 of the adapter worked in 8-bit mode. Then, most likely, the software limitation of the maximum speed of the T56 happened. After that, the speed of T56 with eMMC did not exceed 15MB/s.

The data for T56 in this table are valid only at the beginning of the appearance of T56. At the time ...
Test 发表于 2024-1-22 00:32

Hi Test,               Thank you for sharing your findings. Hopefully, the new version of software, bring back
all the claimed specifications

Best Rgds

返回列表 回复 发帖