返回列表 发帖

Ree signs Josephs custom match including prominent Black professional athletes

NASHVILLE-- Pierre-Olivier Joseph prepares to retire the fit he put on to the 2023 NHL Awards at Bridgestone Arena on Monday after obtaining the lining autographed by Willie O'Ree. The Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman joined the event by taking place stage to tell the tale of teammate Kris Letang, that won the Masterton Trophy willpower, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey. Ahead of time, Joseph fulfilled O'Ree, who ended up being the NHL's initial Black gamer when he debuted with the Boston Bruins against the Montreal Canadiens at the Montreal Discussion Forum on Jan. 18, 1958. "I intended to obtain to understand him," Joseph stated. "He suggests the globe to me and just having the ability to walk in his path, he opened the path for everyone. Having the ability to see him was nerve-wracking more to satisfy him, I believe, than being on phase Andrei Markov Jersey. " P. O Joseph on Willie: It started with him. the reason it so openminded now with Black gamers playing in the NHL. We can thank him enough for every little thing he did for us. Pittsburgh Penguins June 26, 2023 By coincidence, Joseph was wearing a custom-made brownish fit with a cellular lining that includes pictures of prominent Black athletes such as O'Ree, fighter Muhammad Ali, tennis gamer Serena Williams and football gamer Pele, among others. So, Joseph asked O'Ree to authorize his photo. O'Ree, that was there to provide the Willie O'Ree Area Hero Award, gladly concurred. "The chance that I'm putting on the fit at the exact same time and having his photo in my fit was excellent," stated Joseph, a 23-year-old citizen of Laval, Quebec Guy Lafleur Jersey. "I'm never ever going to clean that match again and I'm never ever going to wear that match once more. So, it absolutely was a special minute for me. "

返回列表 回复 发帖