返回列表 发帖

EMMC Samsung ISP detect bug

Hello. XGecu T56 dont detect KMQE60013M-B318 via isp connection. Other EMMC work fine. Did you check this?

回复 1# STALKER_71

In this case, the reason can not be determined. All the algorithms of EMMC are universal and can not work through ISP. In general, it is reason of the main board.
power on the motherboard, and check the RST_ N of EMMC  Whether RST_N pin is high level, if RST_ N is 0. It is necessary to pull up the pin, otherwise EMMC will not work.

I solder directly to the emmc chip. But it not detect. I tried on three single chips. I will try to pull up RST_n to high level.

回复 3# STALKER_71
it maybe  VCCQ Problem .
if this chip not supported by VCCQ=3.3V.  you must use VCCQ=1.8V.
and you need an external  1.8V power.

Yes I applied 1.8 with external power. Pull Up RST_n dont change anything. Chip dont detect. When i add pull up resistors 22k to cmd and dat0. Chip detect, but with wrong csd and sid, and dont read and erase. I cant test it with adapter BGA221 because i cant find it to buy.

I tested many samsung and hynix chip bga221 EMMC v5.1 and all have detect problem. Only EMMC v5.1 have this problem. All lower version detect and read normal. Maybe this bug of programmer software.

回复 6# STALKER_71

thanks I will test about  these EMMC.

I got a KMQE60013M-B318
I tested adapter and ISP  .
ALL is Normal.

ADAPTER TEST
KMQE6_B318.jpg
2020-12-24 09:42

ISP TEST
KMQE6_2.jpg
2020-12-24 09:43

When you build your own circuit and do ISP testing, pay attention to the following points:

1. External power supply voltage must be accurate, using linear regulated power supply.
2. all EMMC GND and VCC  VCCQ must be connected.
3. you can buy EMMC bga221 adapter from dealer.

this is EMMC Pins:

EMMC_221_PIN.jpg
2020-12-24 09:55

this is EMMC bga221 adapter PCB: refer to it

BGA221.rar (575.98 KB)

BOM :
   C1 C2                10uf/10V/1206  
   C3                     2.2uf/10V/1206
   C4/5/6/7/8/9       0.1uf/50V/0603  
   C10                   15P/50V/0603
   R1 R2                33  ohm  /0603
   U4  LDO           XC6206-1.8V

Can you show your isp connection board. Maybe i do something wrong. And can you add link for buying bga221 adapter on ebay or alixpress.

回复 10# STALKER_71

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001989509124.html

you only use external power VCC=3.3 V on the adapter .  VCCQ and Rstn  not connect then do testing ISP(VCCQ=1.8V)

Over ISP I applied vccq and vcc external power accuracy stabilized. But samsung emmc detecting unstable. Please show your isp connection. Take a photo if possible.  maybe something is wrong with my connection. But hynix, kingston, sandisk bga221 detect normal.  even bga254 reads and writes well.  Problems only with bga221.  I can test a lot at your request.

BGA221 isp pinout I using
https://ibb.co/b6V9NkJ

回复 13# STALKER_71

I did ISP testing with the BGA221 adapter.
阿里旺旺图片20210504102230.jpg
2021-5-4 10:11

OK.  I will test this method and write down the results.

Yes with such a connection it works, but it does not work if you connect a device with emmc samsung to isp directly. This is the problem I'm trying to solve. I add pull up resistor 22k to cmd and dat0. It solve problem whith detecting hynix but not sovled problem with samsung.

回复 16# STALKER_71

U4  is LDO . you Can not use LM1117-1.8,
or test ISP 3.3V  ,   connect VCC and VCCQ both to 3.3V power.

When VCC and VCCQ 3.3V i see in log

Failed -- CMD1 Respond error Status: 40FF8080

Yes with such a connection it works, but it does not work if you connect a device with emmc samsung  ...
STALKER_71 发表于 2021-5-4 16:04

It should be the signal interference of the CLK line.

The function of the two GND wires is to shield the clock signal, you need to find a way to handle the clock signal wire

I adding this resistors to my isp adapter.

https://ibb.co/sPqvHmP

Hynix emmc work excellent in 50MHz speed.

https://ibb.co/BGGK5xC

But this samsung take this in log

https://ibb.co/jz8HsWh

If you can see in log PNM, Product Date wrong. And it saying DAT0 is BUSY

Z3X work with this emmc fine over this isp adapter. And dont have any detecting problem. I have not idea about this trouble. Some Samsung BGA221 detecting and work fine, and some of it dont detect.

Maybe some of this ic needed lower detection speed in MHz.

I solved my problem with this IC. It's only detect when VCCQ 3.3V. Some other emmc also working only when VCCQ 3.3V. I dont now why. Z3X work fine with this IC when VCCQ 1.8V.

I would also like to ask you to add a choice which userdata size read. For example, FULL, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB. It is not always necessary to read a full dump and such a choice would be convenient. At the moment, to make a value through "multiple partition" for reading long and not convenient.

I also want to ask if you are planning to add work with the EMMC file system sections as in the example in the screenshot. It is necessary when you need to erase \ write some of the file system partitions and you have to read the dump and work with file system in other programms to do. It is not comfortable. I could become a tester for these functions.

https://ibb.co/Hx03bqS

回复 21# STALKER_71

you must use a external VCCQ power when VCCQ=1.8V,   

阿里旺旺图片20210604124006.jpg
2021-6-4 12:27

Admin please dont post stupid answer. When vccq 1.8 i always use external power. And I writed about it.  How about other my question?

Sorry:
add a choice which userdata size read. For example, FULL, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB.
it is easy. This function will be added in the next version.

But the file system of processing is too complicated, and I have not enough knowledge in this area.

Sorry:
it is easy. This function will be added in the next version.

Ok. It's nice.

About filesystem, maybe in future you can adding this. Because it wery needed function for emmc working.

Thanks for adding userdata reading size. It's great and very usefull. Admin you best! And i have question about jtag adding. I wait this many time from previous year.

回复 27# STALKER_71

JTAG is only a low-level interface, and the upper-level application software is not universal.
We have tested the hardware and low_level and there is no problem.

It's good news. Maybe a working method like rt809h will do.

返回列表 回复 发帖