返回列表 发帖

Cannot program PLCC32 - error

Hello Team,

I have successfully read several PLCC32 (SST39VF020) and now try to program the .bin files to brand new and empty
EEPROMs (also SST39VF020). This always fails with the following error:

APP Version : 12.05   Model : TL866II Plus
     Device : SST39VF020 @PLCC32
Pins Detected Passed!
Erase  ...Succeeded. Time : 0.391 S
Programming FLASH ...
ERROR!  Address:0x000000   Buffer Data:0xA0   Verify:0xFF
Programming  ...Failed

I tried 9 different EEPROMs and several different .bín files but it is not possible to progam any. Please help

回复 1# tokyoskies

why disable CHECK ID?
these chips maybe too old.
i found this model of chips are often broken, and the ID cannot be read. Generally, it is a bad chip.

I tested it . everything  is normal.
SST39VF020.png
2022-7-21 10:04

SST39VF020-2.png
2022-7-21 10:06

Thank you for your kind answer. I have 10 chips in total. All are SST39VF020, 2 chips are about 15 years old, those are the ones I would like to copy. I can read them OK and create 256k bin files (020, 020A = 256kx8)

I then have 2 blank chips, those are 2 years old. I can not write to them at all, so I thought they might be faulty and old.

So I just bought 6 more chips last Monday, July 18. Again, I cannot write to them at all. They all fail, but they are new.

I then bought a new PLC/DIP adapter, but this did not help either. I also re-flashed the firmware to my TL866II and changed the USB cable, but always programming fails.

I do have to turn "Check ID" off, as it always fails for any PLCC chip.

New Chip

Error_1.jpg
2022-7-22 00:07

Here reading the old master chip with Check ID ON

Master Chip

Error_2.jpg
2022-7-22 00:08

Here the new chip with Check ID ON

Reading no Chip ID

No_Check_ID.jpg
2022-7-22 00:09

Here the master chip with Check ID OFF... it reads the data

Here the .bin files

Bin_Files.zip (297.39 KB)

I tried several bin files now, some with only little content. Still no chance to program any eeprom. Reading is fine.
So, I thought, lets try similar chip profiles. Using CAT28F020 it appears to program and its really slow, but then fails anyway.

After all factors considered, I believe the programmer is faulty.

Another thing that is weird, I tried to reflash the original master. It seems to work at first, no errors, but it did not flash anything. I tried another completely different bin file and no error, but it did not erase or flash the chip. (I cannot even erase it, it just wont work.) This leads me to believe that the programmer has a fault, as it cannot even erase a PLCC32

I then re-flashed an older firmware (Version 1013) but still no luck.

I tried several bin files now, some with only little content. Still no chance to program any eeprom. ...
tokyoskies 发表于 2022-7-22 03:48

As a User: What else I would try.1- Do system self-Test without anything connected to socket Tab  tools--> System Self-Check.
2- Repeat test with empty adapter
3- Without anything connected to socket and lever closed and open, and visually verify all pins.
4- Try the same file to other reference supported IC, if available to you
5- Try it in a different machine if available ( With different OS )

Hope it helps you

Thank you for your help Matos. I tried all your steps, self-test is ok for all points.I then tried another PC with Windows 7 Ultimate, but same behavior.

I added a custom chip with FF FF in order to leave Check ID enabled. Now I am getting

APP Version : 12.05   Model : TL866II Plus
     Device : SST39VF020 @ PLCC32
Pins Detected Passed!
ID: 0x FF FF ......OK!
Erase  ...Succeeded. Time : 0.390 S
Programming FLASH ...
ERROR!  Address:0x000000   Buffer Data:0xA0   Verify:0xFF
Programming  ...Failed

As I said, 6 chips are brand new and none of them works. I also cannot identify an issue with the socket. For PLCC32, I would need to check which pins are used for writing the Address: 0x000000 . Could there be a short in the socket?

Thank you for your help Matos. I tried all your steps, self-test is ok for all points.I then tried a ...
tokyoskies 发表于 2022-7-22 19:40

As a User: For sure Admin will tell something for you, time allow, be patient. I'm Trying to get an IC to test with T56, but not sucessfull so far.

So, today I tried a different chip. AMD AM29LV040B-120JCV
Same issue, Chip ID fails with XXXX

I tried 2 different programmers and two different PLCC32 to DIP32 adapters. I am starting to thing the adapters are no good.

返回列表 回复 发帖